Top Stories of the Week
- Who Needs Java? Probably Not You
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 for iPhone 3G
- Jailbreaking iOS 4.0? How To Keep a Jailbreak For iPhone 3G or 3GS
- OpenDNS Launches FamilyShield, Free Parental Controls Service for Web
- New iPhone Software Arrives Today - Can You Run it?
More coverage and analysis from ReadWriteWeb
- How Twitter Annotations Could Bring the Real-Time and Semantic Web Together
- Online Language Learning Company Babbel Adds Voice Recognition Tool
- Mapping the Oil Spill in Real Time
More Real-Time Web coverage. Don't miss the next wave of opportunity on the Web supported by real-time technology! Get ReadWriteWeb's report, The Real-Time Web and its Future.
- Can Augmented Reality Help Save the Planet?
More Augmented Reality coverage
Augmented Reality for Marketers and Developers: Our Newest Research Report
We're pleased to announce ReadWriteWeb's latest premium report, Augmented Reality for Marketers and Developers: Analysis of the Leaders, the Challenges and the Future. This report will help you develop a sophisticated understanding of Augmented Reality (AR), the mobile and Web technology that places data on top of a user's view of the physical world. The research included will help you decrease your AR development time to market by learning from the first wave of early adopters. AR offers a new marketing and product paradigm for a high impact, high value customer experience. More than 1,000 AR campaigns were kicked-off last year and we expect to see many more in 2010. In this report, we profile key AR development companies, their campaigns as well as development lessons learned. For more information or to buy the report, visit here.
- iPhone 4: Your Burning Questions Answered
- Google Activates Android "Kill Switch," Zaps Useless Apps
- Developers Betting on Android for Long-Term Success, Says Surveyy
More Mobile Web coverage
Internet of Things
- Google, GE & Others Prototype Wireless Mote to Connect Any Device to Smart Grid
- The Internet IS a Series of Tubes: Real-Time Mapping of the London Underground
More Internet of Things coverage
Check Out The ReadWriteWeb iPhone App
We recently launched the official ReadWriteWeb iPhone app. As well as enabling you to read ReadWriteWeb while on the go or lying on the couch, we've made it easy to share ReadWriteWeb posts directly from your iPhone, on Twitter and Facebook. You can also follow the RWW team on Twitter, directly from the app. We invite you to download it now from iTunes.
Our channel ReadWriteStart, sponsored by Microsoft BizSpark, is dedicated to profiling startups and entrepreneurs.
- Is Venture Capital Broken?
- Posterous and Ambition: A Lesson for Startups?
- Delicious Founder, AOL Exec Launch Hacker Angels
Our channel ReadWriteCloud, sponsored by VMware and Intel, is dedicated to Virtualization and Cloud Computing.
- Oxygen: A Desktop Network Connected to the Cloud
- Architects of Amazon Web Services Launch Nimbula, Promise an OS for the Cloud
- Weekly Poll: Is Salesforce.com Chatter Really That Unique? Does it Matter?
Our channel ReadWriteEnterprise is devoted to 'enterprise 2.0' and using social software inside organizations.
- Antivirus Product Testing is Changing, Whether Vendors Like it or Not
- 3 Up-and-Coming Collaboration Suites
- Google Apps Now Supports Multiple Domains
Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Subscribe to Weekly Wrap-up
You can subscribe to the Weekly Wrap-up by RSS or by email below.
RWW Weekly Wrap-up Email Subscription form:
We know, it’s summer in some parts of the world — you don’t want to stay indoors all day everyday. Well don’t worry, even if you missed some of Mashable’s social media resources while out frolicking we’ve got another great list of resources from the past week to get you all caught up.
Below you’ll find our weekly power-guide to the best social media resources this side of the ‘Net. This edition includes a ton of business resources for the social-media-savvy entrepreneur and even some quirky facts (LOL used to mean “Little Old Lady”?). Whatever your passion, dig in and enjoy.
- 10 Cool Facebook Status Tips and Tricks
/> Here are 10 how-to tips to help you get the most out of your Facebook status update, from features to apps, Easter eggs, jokes and more.
- 13 Internet Slangs with Unexpected Alternate Meanings
/> We’ve collected 13 internet slangs and acronyms with unexpected alternative meanings, ranging from downright unpredictable to hilariously ironic. ROFL!
- 5 Handy YouTube Channels for DIY and Home Improvement
/> You know you are Mr/Ms Fix It waiting to happen. These five class='blippr-nobr'>YouTubeclass="blippr-nobr">YouTube channels will guide you on your home improvement quest.
- 5 Ways Social Media Helps Promote Good Health
/> Getting healthy and staying healthy can be tricky on your own. Social media is providing new ways to build healthy communities and find cures.
- How You Can Do Good with Small Actions: Try Bolder
/> It’s easier than ever to do good using social media. Bolder helps motivate businesses and brands to donate and create change.
- Musicians Can Help Each Other Get Famous with New Site
/> Headliner is a real-time social media recommendation exchange for artists and bands.
- How Rdio Makes Your Music Mix Social
/> Rdio is a new way to share and discover great music. We break down the features and offer you some free invites to try it out.
- 6 Crucial Social Media Tips for Traditional Media
/> Now more than ever, traditional media outlets are embracing social media for generating story ledes, increasing site traffic and creating conversation with readers.
For more social media news and resources, you can follow class='blippr-nobr'>Mashable’sclass="blippr-nobr">Mashable social media channel on Twitterclass="blippr-nobr">Twitter and become a fan on Facebookclass="blippr-nobr">Facebook.
Tech & Mobile
- HOW TO: Optimize Your Mobile Site Across Multiple Platforms
/> One of the most difficult aspects of designing for the mobile web is making your site compatible and accessible across different devices. Read on for tips to minimize that problem.
- 10 Tools for Distributed Developer Teams
/> Now that we don’t all have to be in the same room to fiddle around with punch cards, the era of online connectivity is allowing for unprecedented freedom in how, where and when we work. Here are 10 tools for distributed developer teams.
- 10 Free Wireframing Tools for Designers
/> Wireframing is a crucial step in web design as it allows for rapid prototyping and helps to pinpoint potential problems early in the process. Here are 10 free wireframing tools.
- How Hollywood Is Finally Cashing in on Web Video
/> Hollywood has woken up and realized there is money to be made in web video. Many celebs are teaming up with advertisers to bring viewers sponsored and branded content.
- How Non-Profits Can Maximize a Foursquare Account
/> class='blippr-nobr'>Foursquare’sclass="blippr-nobr">Foursquare location-based network offers a unique brand of customer loyalty that can help non-profits connect with and expand their audience.
For more tech news and resources, you can follow Mashable’s tech channel on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
- HOW TO: Optimize Your Site for Search Engine Marketing
/> While social media may have the media’s attention, search still trumps all when it comes to driving traffic and being discovered by potential new customers.
- 5 Non-Profit iPhone Apps You Should Know About
/> The ‘net is going mobile, and non-profits are joining in with branded apps to reach supporters, raise money, and deliver their missions in new and innovative ways.
- 12 Clever Social Media-Friendly Business Cards
/> While virtual business cards are becoming a viable alternative to paper cards, there is still a huge demand for traditional business cards. Here are 12 biz cards that integrate social media.
- Keep Track of Business Contacts Anywhere on the Web
/> Noteleaf helps you remember the people you meet. Easily take notes about people and keep in touch using follow-up reminders.
- HOW TO: Use Game Mechanics to Power Your Business
/> Gaming incentives are a great way to make your business model “sticky,” but implementing them effectively can be a challenge. These four tips can help.
- How Real-Time Data is Changing Business Optimization
/> Business owners want to stay on top of their analytics. Real-time data could offer new opportunities to learn and improve your company’s performance online.
- 5 Tips for Managing Your Company’s Brand on the Web
/> An inside look at the strategies of industry leaders who’ve spent years figuring out how to implement practical management practices into their daily work routines.
- Why You Should Be Your Own Toughest Competitor
/> Success requires constant reinvention and evolution. By being your own toughest competitor, you are always improving your product and company.
- 5 Online Tools for Answering Your Small Business Questions
/> Here are a five online tools for connecting with experts who may have answers to your small business questions.
- Why Complaining Customers Can Be Good For Your Business
/> Normally we don’t want customers to complain, but sometimes an unhappy customer can improve your business and be a smart way to succeed.
For more business news and resources, you can follow Mashable’s business channel on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
[Image Credit: Nitin Garg]
For more Social Media coverage:
- class="f-el">class="cov-twit">Follow Mashable Social Mediaclass="s-el">class="cov-rss">Subscribe to the Social Media channelclass="f-el">class="cov-fb">Become a Fan on Facebookclass="s-el">class="cov-apple">Download our free apps for iPhone and iPad
how to lose weight fast
Novoflex releases Nikon G to Canon EOS mount adapters: Novoflex has announced the EOS/NIK-NT lens adapter for using Nikon F mount lenses without aperture rings on Canon EOS bodies. The -NT version differs from the existing EOS/NIK ...
Marketer Mark Brimm hates when gurus tell entrepreneurs and other marketers they're doing it wrong. Though there are certainly right ways and wrong ways to.
Spain is a beautiful place comprising of many important cities and places. The climate is very differentiating. The major climatic differences can be found.